Artist-In-Residence, Jomsom (AIR Jomsom)
AIR-Jomsom is a residency program launched by Om’s Home at Jomsom, Mustang. Established in 2014, AIR-Jomsom is now open call for the domestic / overseas artists and curators to join a week residency program where the Om’s Home offers an accommodation and an exhibition opportunity at the affordable prices.
Why Artist-In-Residence in Jomsom:
AIR-Jomsom aims to create social and communal harmony between local/traditional artists and contemporary national/international artists. It also provides art education programs for the local youth and children in Mustang and in Manang Districts.
Jomsom lies at 2,700 meters above sea level, in an area that bridges the Himalayan foothills and the Tibetan Plateau. Jomsom is the main commerce and administrative center of Nepal's Mustang region. Featuring the only major airstrip north of the Himalayas, Jomsom serves as the entry and exit point for some of Nepal's most fantastic treks.
Historically, Mustang was the ancient seat of the former kingdom of Lo, a once independent kingdom which lasted from the 15th to 18th century when it was finally annexed to Nepal. Evidence of a fascinating and mysterious history marks the landscape throughout Mustang, where numerous ancient cave dwellings are found carved into the cliff faces, some containing remnants of human civilization dating back to more than five thousand years. The area is also known for the 130 million year old ammonite fossils contained within lustrous black stones, called shaligrams, which are found scattered along the Kali Gandaki valley.
AIR-Jomsom, Call for artists:
- Residency Period : May - September & December - February
- Travel, accommodation and production expenses must be paid by artists for residency program. AIR-Jomsom does not provide grants or scholarships. Please find the source of funding to cover your expenses.
- Residency Fee: US$ 30x7days= US$ 210 & for 14 days US$ 25x14= US$ 350 for accommodation and 3 meals for residency. Charge for per person/per night (breakfast/lunch/dinner)
- ACAP & TIMS - Permit Fee for International artist: US$ 20 + 20: US$ 40 per person.
- We also provide whole package travel costs including residency fees for 7days and 14 days.
- Overseas artists are suggested to do health insurance.
How to Apply for AIR-Jomsom
- Application Form ←click here to download
- CV/ Artist Profile
- Relevant images, audios, video and website links.
* Make sure you attached all four documents on your e-mail. We only accept the e-mail with Application Form.
About Om’s Home:
Thousands of trekkers, pilgrims and travelers stay in Om's Home each year while in Jomsom. Located in the capital of picturesque Mustang district, it's the perfect stop after trekking in the Annapurnas, on the way to Upper Mustang or on pilgrimage to Muktinath. Straddling the majestic Kali Gandaki river, in the lap of the soaring peaks of Nilgiri and Dhaulagiri, the surrounding scenery doesn't get any better.
Food & Dining:
Visit our dining room for Tibetan bread, butter tea, momo and other local specialties (try our soups!) while savoring the tremendous views. You'll find crisp linen and extra thick down comforters in our carpeted guest rooms, rustic and regional decor and a spacious lobby with cozy areas to lounge in.
Studio Space: Individual studio space with Bed, desk, book shelf with attached toilet.
WiFi and a computer terminal are available in our lobby and medical personnel are on call around the clock.
After AIR-Jomsom, we offer:
- Exhibition at Om’s Home, Jomsom, Mustang.
- Exhibition in Kathmandu gallery at an affordable prices.